Welcome to OpenFaaS¶
OpenFaaS (Functions as a Service) is a framework for building serverless functions with Docker which has first class support for metrics. Any process can be packaged as a function enabling you to consume a range of web events without repetitive boiler-plate coding.
- Ease of use through UI portal and one-click install
- Write functions in any language for Linux or Windows and package in Docker/OCI image format
- Portable - runs on existing hardware or public/private cloud - Kubernetes and Docker Swarm native
- CLI available with YAML format for templating and defining functions and featuring easy install via curl and brew
- Auto-scales as demand increases
- New: Kubernetes support via FaaS-netes plugin
- New: Windows function support
- New: Asynchronous/long-running OpenFaaS functions via NATS Streaming - Follow this guide
This is the original blog post from @alexellis on FaaS from January.
Great introductory overview of OpenFaaS features, users and roadmap.
OpenFaaS presents to CNCF Serverless workgroup¶
The OpenFaaS project had the pleasure of presenting OpenFaaS to the CNCF Serverless Workgroup.
Dockercon 2017 Closing Keynote¶
Functions as a Service or FaaS was a winner in the Cool Hacks contest for Dockercon 2017.
If you'd like to find the functions I used in the demos head over to the faas-dockercon repository.